Highlights from this week’s report:
- 2018 is off to a hot start with over 250 transfers so far in the month of January alone.
- Lease activity has been primarily in the SCOOP.
- Newfield and Trinity Operating have been increasing the number of spacings in the past 7 days. With Newfield and Trinity two of the most active operators in terms of wells spud in 2017, we will want to watch this to see if these spacings turn into wells spud.
- Spacings are mainly in SCOOP and STACK, while activity in Arkoma is picking up.
- Transfers are led by Kirkpatrick’s acquisition from Fuller Production in Major county.
- Transfers have been trending toward the panhandle and STACK.
- Marathon has been actively increasing their intents to drill in recent weeks.
*Please note that the completion data in this report was scanned by the OCC in the past 30 days, but may have been completed up to six months ago.
Compiled and Published by GIB KNIGHT
Gib Knight is a private oil and gas investor and consultant, providing clients advanced analytics and building innovative visual business intelligence solutions to visualize the results, across a broad spectrum of regulatory filings and production data in Oklahoma and Texas. He is the founder of OklahomaMinerals.com, an online resource designed for mineral owners in Oklahoma.