Oklahoma Leasing Activity
- Continental Resources remains one of the most active operators in Oklahoma; they continue to acquire acreage throughout the SCOOP focusing in Stephens County.
- Canyon Creek is poised to have one of the largest positions in the Arkoma Basin through its continued leasing via multiple entities. We will watch their activity closely in the coming months!
Oklahoma Spacing Applications
- Echo Energy is the focus of today’s spacing activity through their aggressive filing of spacing applications in the southern area of the SCOOP. Their applications indicate they are targeting the Sycamore and Woodford formations in Carter County. We will want to follow their activity closely and monitor the performance of their wells.
Oklahoma Completion Filings
- Devon Energy is the leader in number of completion filings in the past 30 days. Their filings are focused on recently completed horizontal wells in the STACK with wells primarily targeting the Mississippian formation.
Oklahoma Pooling Applications
- Pooling applications this week continue to be HOT in the Northern part of the SCOOP, mainly in McClain and Grady counties.
- The STACK remains the most active area in the state with the following three companies being the most active:
- Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions
- Continental Resources
- Chesapeake Energy
Oklahoma Drilling Intents Filed
- Newfield’s intents are filed for horizontal wells in the STACK; we look forward to see how those wells perform in the future!
Oklahoma Transfer Activity
Oklahoma Location Exceptions
Oklahoma Increased Density Filings
Compiled and Published by GIB KNIGHT
Gib Knight is a private oil and gas investor and consultant, providing clients advanced analytics and building innovative visual business intelligence solutions to visualize the results, across a broad spectrum of regulatory filings and production data in Oklahoma and Texas. He is the founder of OklahomaMinerals.com, an online resource designed for mineral owners in Oklahoma.