As we prepare for Valentine’s Day, our gift to you is not a bouquet of roses or a box of chocolates, but some incredible nuggets of information you wouldn’t be able to find anywhere else.
- WSGP increases acreage in Pittsburg county.
- Continental continues to pick up leases in the SCOOP and remains one of the most active operators in Oklahoma.
- R D Williams & Company have been very active in Love County along the OK/TX Border.
- The top three operators in terms of spacing are focusing their activity in the STACK; expect these operators be top drillers in the near future.
- Pooling applications are very high in Hughes with Antioch and Silver Creek the two most active operators.
- Look for Antioch to increase its activity in the near future, potentially becoming one of the biggest operators in the Arkoma during 2018.
- Last week, Newfield was the most active operator in terms of intents to drill. Alongside Continental, both operators are focused in the SCOOP and STACK.
- Activity is abundant in the STACK; the main players stay consistent with a high level of activity. These include Alta Mesa (Oklahoma Energy Acquisitions), Continental, Devon, and Jones.
- We expect completion activity to continue to be focused in the STACK.
- With a purchase of more than 20 wells in Nowata county from Rocky Top Energy, Cewell Energy is the highlight this week in terms of transfers.
- Location exceptions continue to be primarily filed in the STACK.
- Be on the lookout for more horizontal wells during the first half of 2018.
Compiled and Published by GIB KNIGHT
Gib Knight is a private oil and gas investor and consultant, providing clients advanced analytics and building innovative visual business intelligence solutions to visualize the results, across a broad spectrum of regulatory filings and production data in Oklahoma and Texas. He is the founder of OklahomaMinerals.com, an online resource designed for mineral owners in Oklahoma.