Oseberg generated the following weekly report, which covers activity in Oklahoma for the week of April 24, 2017. This is a 30 day lookback, which we update every week.
Highlights from this week:
- Apollo backed Chisholm Oil & Gas has been quickly adding to the Stack position they acquired from Staghorn with over 1,000 leases taken in the last 30 days;
- For this report, we dug a little deeper into Chisholm’s activity, and 2017 is shaping up to be a banner year for the company, which won’t be a surprise to any of you who’ve been following them. 2017’s activity (934 assignments) represents a jump of 582% from their previous high of 137 Assignments in 2011.
- 99% of those 934 assignments are from Staghorn Energy, all of which are in Kingfisher County. This is most certainly the result of Chisholm Oil & Gas LLC’s partnership with
Apollo Global Management. You can read more about this partnership in this article from Oil and Gas Investor.
- Devon takes over the top spot for poolings with 12;
- Assiduous Energy buys 44 Oklahoma County wells from Pedestal Oil Co. while Sparks
Resources acquires 48 wells from Newfield and Elite in Creek and Stephens county;
- Want to find a lease that may have opened up? There have been 21 pluggings in the last month – get daily alerts for pluggings and all of the data Oseberg provides with Sol.